Description of Course
An interactive multimedia course was created to train SMC staff on the
implementation of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and Pollution
Prevention (PP). The course:
- Is delivered in a classroom by an instructor using a Macintosh workstation
computer, a color computer projection panel, and a large screen.
- Makes extensive use of photography, video, animation, narration, graphics,
text, illustrations, music, and sound-effects to:
- Demonstrate course concepts with real world examples.
- Provide a compelling, effective and memorable training experience.
- Requires about 8 hours of class time to complete.
A separate highly interactive version of the course was created on computer
compact disk (CD ROM). The compact disk version:
- Is provided to students upon completion of the course as a reference
and refresher tool outside the classroom.
- Incorporates 'pop-up text' buttons and additional narration to provide
explanations and information that were verbally conveyed by an instructor
during the classroom course.
- Provides extensive pull-down menus and search functions to allow the
user to quickly access different parts of the course.
- Runs on both Macintosh and Windows computers.
Back to Top
Sample Photographic Screens, Audio and
to this area!
Availability and Who to Contact
For course availability and any other information on the course, contact
Mr. Thomas Huynh at 310-363- 1541 or by e-mail at "firstname.lastname@example.org".
Back to Top
Back to AXFV Home